Sunday, July 13, 2008

I am confused

I have been what you might consider a "fellow traveler" for many years. I guess about 55 years.

Here I find Sam Webb talking about this great progressive political upsurge and upheaval.

Previously Sam Webb and other CP leaders were boosting Obama as progressive.

I listened and watched the video of Jarvis Tyner. He called Obama "progressive."

Elena Mora talked about how she was thrilled to be participating in Obama for President activities.

I thought if the leaders of the Communist Party are supporting Obama I should go out and do my little bit to help elect him.

Now Obama is moving backwards on just about every issue.

Now Sam Webb and Joelle Fishman say, "Obama was never a progressive." Well, Jarvis Tyner says he is.

I am discouraged and confused. This whole election is becoming very discouraging and confusing.

Then Sam Webb came along and said the Communist Party doesn't endorse any candidates in this race.

Am I missing something here?

I will vote for Obama but I am not going to do anymore in the way of going out campaigning for him. I even contributed $700.00 to his campaign. Now I am thinking I should have spent that money distributing a leaflet against the war and for singlepayer healthcare.

Now I read the same kind of confusion in the PWW around healthcare there is around Obama.

Can't we have some better leadership on these questions?

Herold Roth
Chicago, Illinois