Friday, July 11, 2008

We have never discussed any of the "limitless possibilities" for activities in our club

Webb wrote:

"Thus, every communist should become an active participant in this electoral upsurge, if he or she hasn’t already done so. The avenues are many and the possibilities are nearly limitless.

Let’s seize the moment."


I have been a member of the Communist Party USA since 1994.

I attend every one of my Club meetings.

We have never discussed any of the "limitless possibilities" for activities in our club. I suggested we distribute the PWW at Democratic Party meetings in the Detroit area. I was told we should keep a low profile because we didn't want to cause problems for candidate Obama.

Webb conveniently writes in very vague generalities. I think he does this knowing that it prevents having to do things and check up later on the effectiveness of our activities.

I feel more like I am a member of the Democratic Party than the Communist Party.

I feel Webb should specify what activities relating to the elections our Party Clubs should be involved in. Otherwise there remains an excuse to do nothing.

I feel Webb's uncritical support for Obama without bringing forward a Communist Party election program is wrong. People have a right to hear from the Communist Party what the drawbacks are in the Obama campaign. Anyone can see that our position is at odds with most of the thinking of ordinary working people and much of the anti-war, civil rights and civil liberty organizations. Rev Wright received a very enthusiastic and very positive response when in Detroit. I don't think it is correct for our Party leaders to criticize Rev Wright because they think this is the way to help Obama. Rev Wright should be criticized or supported based on the merits of what he says not how his remarks offend racists and rightwingers like Rush Limbaugh or FOX News.

I would like my comments published. I am providing my name. If this is published I ask my name not be included because others have been intimidated when they bring forward criticisms like this.

CPUSA member; Detroit, Michigan